Recruiting Native English Teachers
- Korean International School in Yanbian, China-
Korean International School in Yanbian (KISY), in China is hiring two full-time EFL English teachers, who are a citizen of one of the following English-speaking countries: US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa.
KISY is an international school run by the Korean government in China with authorization from the Chinese Ministry of Education. KISY consists of Kindergarten (8 students in total), Elementary School (Grade 1-6 with 36 students in total), and Secondary School (Grade 7-12 with 59 students in total).
KISY is located in Yanji, Jilin, China. Yanji is a city known in China for its clean air. It also has a unique linguistic and cultural environment due to generations of ethnic Han and ethnic Korean Chinese living side by side in one city. Both Chinese and Korean are spoken in many areas of the city.
1. Position Description: 2 Full-time English Teachers
- Contract duration: August, 17th, 2021 ~ August 16th, 2023 (2 years)
- Teaching Grade: Elementary(1st~6thgrade),Secondary(7th~12thgrade)
- Working Hours: From 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday. (On a few occasions, work may be required on Saturday when the school has an event.)
- Weekly classes: maximum of 22 classes/week,
average class size: within13 students
- Subject Area: EFL listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Winter & Summer English Camps: each camp is 15 teaching hours
2. Salary and Benefits (before tax)
Basic Salary: 14,350CNY per month
Housing Allowance: 2,600 CNY for housing per month
Allowance for Professional Development: 250 CNY per month
Certificate: 1,000 CNY per month for a teacher’s license holder OR
500CNY per month for other English certificate holder (CELTA, TESOL, TESL)
(※ May apply to one certificate)
- Bonus: 14,350 CNY a year in 2 installments, the first after 6months, the second after the first full year.
- Termination of contract conpensation: one time payment of 28,700 CNY upon the completion of a two-year contract
- Paid summer and winter vacation: Around 35 days of summer vacation and 60days of winter vacation are fully paid. (All teachers should work for about one week of each vacation for workshops, organizing the office, preparing for the new semester, etc.)
- After school classes: Opportunities are given to teach after school classes with extra pay.
Visa fee reimbursement
Cost for Moving to China: 500 CNY
Hotel room charge for first visit: Maximum 1000 CNY
Extra class pay (if applicable) according to the school scale
Airline ticket: Maximum 4000 CNY one-way airfare from near home city on economy class reimbursed in the first month of teaching and maximum 4000 CNY one-way return ticket to near home city on economy class reimbursed upon completion of contracted period. (additional fees to apply, the amount can be negotiated)
3. Required Qualifications
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree from a university in an English-speaking country in any subject area
- Native English speaker from US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa
4. Preferred Qualifications
- Applicants with teacher’s license or ESL certificate (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL) are preferred.
- Applicants currently working in China on a Z visa are preferred.
※ Application document review => Interview => Notice of acceptance => Submission of documents for visa
6. How to apply
Send the following items to Heeyon Kim by email, email@example.com
- Resume with recent photo and contact numbers
- Cover letter
- Copy of diploma or degree and any certificates
- Copy of your passport
*****Please note: The visa process takes 2-5 months, so interested applicants should submit application as soon as possible.
6. School Information
Korean International School in Yanbian, 2728A, Choyang-st, Yanji-city, Jilin Province, China
中国 吉林省 延吉市 朝阳街 2728A号
School Website: http://kisy.or.kr/
For Any Questions: contact to Heeyon Kim by email, firstname.lastname@example.org